Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tall, Thin, and Smart

Those were the words that Cate's doctor used to describe her at her 2 year old check-up this morning! She's 33.5" (50%), 24 pounds (25%), and is talking like a 3 year old. Personally, while it's always nice to hear someone say your child is "smart", I think the bars are set a little low for the assessments. Maybe that's just me. I would say Cate is towards the higher end of speech, but plenty of kids her age are speaking like she does! Oh, and when the doctor said "tall" I think she meant relative to her weight, but in the Staniec house, we'll take average height any day! So, in short, we have a normal, healthy 2 year old who is enjoying all of the "perks" of being 2, meaning she says "no" to just about everything, only wants juice in the cup that is dirty, doesn't want to wear her jacket outside, and insists on picking out her own clothes (although she'd rather not wear any at all!).

No comments: